a logo in the making – introduction to professional level graphic design - elizabeth farlie
adult (15 years +)
Overview: A Logo in the Making is a nine week introduction to professional level graphic design. You will get experience in the creative aspects of design providing a broad overview into the process of design as well as folio preparation.
Your teacher is a practicing professional and a university level lecturer in graphic design. Elizabeth has been on many selection panels and is keenly aware of what a successful folio needs in include.
Aim: The aim of the workshop is to prepare you for the next step if you think graphic design is for you. This might be preparing a folio for tertiary entry as well helping you to be sure when you commit to that path.
It will include:
• concepts and thinking to advance your project
• communication skills to connect with teachers or clients about your concepts
• a hands on project taking you through the entire design process – with an actual design project to take away
• insights into the design industry and how it can work for you.
The project introduces you to
• brainstorming and idea creation
• how to select the appropriate idea
• taking an idea through to completion
• presentation skills for articulating your ideas
• improved interview skills
Outcome: At the end of the workshop you will have your very tangible identity project including conceptual work, development and design refinement. In addition to this you will have the intangible but highly important skills of interview and folio presentation. You will have your folio critiqued and reviewed ready for a confident and impressive interview.
Date and Time: Thursdays 4.00pm till 6.00pm
Commences on Thursdays 30th of April
Final class on Tuesday the 25th of June
Skill level: Beginner’s class for adults 15+ years
Materials supplied: drawing implements, paper and markers
Cost: 2 hour class x nine weeks = 18 hours of tuition. Course cost $490.00
Note: Numbers are limited to Ten students